Find Something Rad

Custom Search

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All inclusive honeymoon destinations... a good idea?

I don't know if you know this but I am currently engaged and will be married later this year.  As such I am now researching possible honeymoon destinations and ideas.  My lovely bride has informed me that she would like to do stay at an all inclusive resort somewhere neither of us have been.  First, let me say that all inclusive means that you get all meals and all drinks paid for with one flat fee.  This means that once you get there it's all you can eat and bottomless beers from at least two different restaurants.  Second, the resorts offer you free activities on site like kayaking, snorkeling, swimming (in any one of a number of pools), bicycle riding, hiking, and various shows throughout your stay.  If that's not enough, then they also offer excursions outside of the resort at an extra fee.

I am totally on board for the all inclusive deals.  So far I have researched some resorts in Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic that offer all of these great things and more!  For those of you planning a honeymoon in the near future check out VacationCity's site for info on all the Costa Rica destinations.  The Occidental Resort's web page has also been helpful for Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic.

For those of you who have been on a honeymoon to an all inclusive resort, I want to hear from you!  Where did you go?  What did you do?  Was it really all inclusive?  Did the resort have to ship in more beer while you were there?  Do you remember your honeymoon at all?  How was the food?

If you are an employee of an all inclusive resort I will pose this question to you.  Are there any ways to get my honeymoon comp'd if I promise to blog about it later?  No promises on a good review but I am willing to give your resort a shot if you think you can deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How rad is this?