Find Something Rad

Custom Search

Thursday, March 26, 2009

We will miss George Kell



Hall of fame baseball player and TV personality for the Detroit Tigers George Kell died in his sleep Tuesday, March 24th at his home in Arkansas.  Now I am too young to remember George but apparently he broadcasted Tigers games for over 40 years.  I have been listening in to 97.1 the ticket all week hearing callers call in with their George Kell impressions and it is very heart warming.  I hope people do impressions of me when I'm gone.  They even had a sound bit from Ernie Harwell, fellow Tigers broadcaster and famous radio personality, paying homage to George.  So it is with heartfelt sincerity that I say R.I.P. George Kell, you will be missed.

In this June 5, 1957 file photo, George Kell, Baltimore Orioles, poses in

For a much better obituary and more facts on the life of George Kell as a player and announcer please see this very well written article from the Associated Press found on yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How rad is this?