Find Something Rad

Custom Search

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The story of the "Insecure George"

It was a cold wintry night in February.  Two of my college buddies were in town and we headed to a bar in downtown Kalamazoo with two, maybe three girls, I can't remember.  I do know that one of them used to be a cheerleader for the Miami Heat.

We get to the bar and the girls immediately find a bar tender they know and start getting free drinks.  My buddies and I decide we will stop being idiots by getting the girls to get the bartender they know to get us free shots.  

We start doing shots.

We start playing the alphabet shot game - Start with a shot whose name begins with A.  End with a shot that begins with Z.

We start skipping around the alphabet because we can't think of shots that begin with certain letters.  

We get to "I" or "G".  I don't know.

The word "insecure" comes up and the bar tender starts to make these shots.  My friends instantly look at me and decide that we should add my name to the end of the shot.  

The "insecure George" shot is born.  Ingredients include vodka, Kahlua, Frangelica, and Buttershots.  Thanks to the bar tender for his creativity and the free shots. We continue to skip around the alphabet.

As the night goes on I end up giving my business card out to a girl, it starts snowing heavily, and we choose one of the girls to drive us home.  I get a call 10 minutes after the bar closes from the girl I gave my card to and I hang up on her.  She leaves a desperate message on my voicemail which I delete.  Needless to say we crash in to a street sign in my buddies car, the girl goes nuts and my other buddy drives us back to their place.  

An all around good night, the birth of the shot, a car accident and a great story to tell when you get toasted.  

Now every time we go out we try to get the bartender/-tendress to make us an Insecure George to remember the good times and you should too... hold the car accident please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How rad is this?