Find Something Rad

Custom Search

Friday, May 7, 2010

Those who are remembered are never truly gone

By now it's no longer news but I thought I would dedicate a post to Detroit's beloved Ernie Harwell because it seemed like a good thing to do.  This week 97.1 the ticket has been flooded with calls about their favorite Ernie moments and memories, their experiences at his memorial at Comerica Park and how no one can replace him.

I myself do not have a great Ernie memory.  I never met the man, never got to listen to him call a Tiger's game and I didn't even know what he looked like until his cancer announcement.  Regardless, while driving to work on Wednesday morning I heard Ernie's Baseball Hall of Fame speech from 1981 and it made me appreciate not only his voice but his person.  He truly is a great man who loved the city of Detroit and loved the sport of baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How rad is this?