Find Something Rad

Custom Search

Friday, June 11, 2010

Detroit River Days 2010



Celebrating the friendly relationship that Detroit has with it's Canadian neighbor to the south (Windsor) this year is going to be rad at the Detroit River Days Festival happening June 18th - 21st in downtown Detroit. There are a ton of activities going on downtown from the fun run to the car show.  I have already been to the festival website a few times to double check the live music schedule because of what I saw.

Friday, the kickoff celebration starts with 90's alternative rockers Spin Doctors, who last performed in Detroit October 5th, 1991.  Now I was not much of a fan back in the day but think nostalgia!  I want a Spin Doctors T-shirt.  I had not clue these guys were still performing live.  Good for you Spin Doctors!  I am sure you will rock the waterfront.















Saturday Detroit will have the honor of welcoming to the Michigan Lottery Stage... MC HAMMER!  Last here on May 15th, 2009 at the Fox, I hope Hammer isn't "2 Legit 2 Quit" performing the song, "U Can't Touch This." Ooooohhhh oohhhhhh ooohhhhhh oooohhhh oooh ooh ohhh.  Actually it would be cool to see him do The Adam's Family Theme song from the movie.
















To top it all off, Sunday night, Blues Traveler will perform starting at 8:30pm.  What a tour de force of early nineties music!  No doubt John Popper will rock that harmonic.  I've heard he's lost some weight too (no joke).  Blues Traveler last came through Detroit for the Meadowbrook Music Festival July 24th, 2008.


If you get a chance to go down for one of these iconic artists at the Michigan Lottery Stage, please do not hesitate to send me pics or reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How rad is this?